Research paper writing and editing
Citing A Website In Mla Research Paper: Basic Rules
Having the proper citations on your research paper is crucial for giving the proper credit to the creator of the work you are using to base your paper on. This means more than just writing the website anywhere on the paper. For your project to be properly done it is essential the works are cited in the proper order and format. There are basic key rules that you will need to follow to ensure that you include all the needed information. You will want to make sure that these are followed otherwise you may get a failing grade or even face being accused of plagiarism.
- Make sure that you list the website exactly how you found it. The best way to accomplish this is to copy and paste the URL exactly as it is on the browser. You will also want to hyperlink it if you are turning in a digital copy so that you can be sure the paper is linked appropriately. Just make sure the page you are on is the exact page that you are copying.
- You will want to clarify the source type. You want to be clear that the article is new source or if it was been quoted from another page. You want to have the original source cited on your paper. If it is a quote, make sure that you list the citation that is on the page.
- Original author of the page needs to be clear. You will want to give credit to the person that wrote it and to the author of the website that quoted it. Include all contributors on the page in your citation.
- Publication dates should be posted so that relevance to the time is shown. Multiple publication dates can mean that information has been updated. Include the date in month -day -year format.
- Finally, you need to include the date that you are accessing the information. This is to show that the information is correct as of that date.
By using this information, you can be sure that your research paper is accurately citing the websites that assisted you in the writing and creating a process of your project. Your citations are probably required by your professor or school, and it is essential that you do it properly. Researching your project is important, but citing your sources is more important.
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on email@example.com and get an answer promptly.
© SoftResearch.org. All rights reserved. Looking for the ways to improve your academic writing.