Research paper writing and editing
How To Use An Example Of An Argumentative Research Paper
The best way to learn something is by example. So what better way to get motivation to write something than by first looking at an example?
You need to start by finding a few examples of argumentative research papers.
Where do you find these?
- You tutor may be able to provide you with a few examples or point you in the right direction.
- Look online – there are several websites that offer examples as well as writing services.
- Go to your school or college library and have a chat with the Librarian.
Make sure that you have access to several examples
What to do next - be a detective!
- Look at the thesis statements in each of your examples. In particular you are focussing on the way the statements are presented and the type and quantity of arguments that are needed to support the statement. This is especially relevant to this type of paper as just one argument alone is not sufficient to support a thorough investigation. More evidence is needed.
- Now focus on the arguments. Look at the way they are presented. Direct your attention to the tactics the writer uses to try to persuade you that their opinion is the right opinion.
- What evidence does the writer use to support their argument? Is it scientific evidence if so is the supporting evidence up to date and sourced from papers and documentation? Have they use evidence that is based on public opinion and personal experience alone? Has the writer cited facts and figures in their supporting evidence?
- Using the set of examples – decide which of the papers you feel are good examples of an argumentative research paper and which are poor examples. Make sure you reasoning is based on the way the paper is written and not the subject of the paper that is subjective - you need to be objective!
- This type of analysis is well worth the time that you spend on the task, not only will it help your analytical skills it will also help you to focus on the way that you present your arguments and formulate your thesis. This analysis will also help you focus on the topic that you have chosen for your argumentative research paper.
If at the end of this investigation you still feel that you need extra support to write your argumentative research paper, get together with a few of your peers and form a study group based on analysing the examples of the argumentative research papers, Sometimes its easier to work with a few others and to bounce some ideas around.
planning and organizing
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on firstname.lastname@example.org and get an answer promptly.
© SoftResearch.org. All rights reserved. Looking for the ways to improve your academic writing.