Research paper writing and editing
How to do a research paper:
Step 1. an outline
Writing a research paper can be done with the assistance of a well-written outline. An outline helps you tackle your assignment in smaller sections or points. The idea is to create the skeleton of your paper and your research contents will help build your paper. Keep in mind your outline may vary depending on guidelines and requirements.
Three Main Parts
of Your Research Paper
- Introduction. The introduction may include elements such as your thesis statement or problem, term definitions, methodology, scope, literary review, and type of research. You may find subheadings or list of details to include based on samples you have reviewed or specific pieces of information you are required to mention.
- Body. The body may have more details to mention but you can list them by subheading. Elements such as background information and data analysis are mentioned here. You may have subheadings following by an alphabetical list or numbered list. You will use these to help outline additional points and supporting details you use as evidence.
- Conclusion. Your conclusion will mention recommendations, a concluding statement, and thesis restated but reworded. This section provides a summary of your content and your overall findings.
What to Remember
When Creating Your Outline
You can break up your outline into three main parts including the introduction, body, and conclusion. Even though these are the main components for your research paper you may have different subheadings, sections, and other related details that will vary.
- You should have your guidelines close by to ensure you incorporate related content into the outline. When you have each of these parts written down, think about points each part will need to explain.
- Your outline may vary from other colleagues and even those in your field of study. This is okay as your outline is based on important ideas you want to include. As you complete your research you can plug in your findings based on what you have included in your outline.
- This is basically a listing of points your research paper will work to bring together cohesively. You can review different sample outlines to get a better idea on what you should include in your own.
The paper overall should go above and beyond what is expected. This will get the professor’s attention in a good way. You need to make sure there are no errors and that the paper is well written. You may find some of the great tips on our website. If not, ask experts how to polish your paper on the following popular blogs.
If you have any question, be sure to contact us any time through email. Send us your question on firstname.lastname@example.org and get an answer promptly.
© SoftResearch.org. All rights reserved. Looking for the ways to improve your academic writing.